The obstacle race you run with your dog! The fall US Canine Biathlon features the course from the spring event - run in REVERSE!
This is not your normal race! Together with our canine friends, we conquer 4+ miles of terrain including forest, sand, and water. We will run the spring US Canine Biathlon course in reverse. We have over 60 purpose-built obstacles including 15+ water obstacles. Trust us, you can do it!
Held at VWK9’s world-class 320-acre canine training facility in Anniston, Alabama, The U.S. Canine Biathlon® was founded by our Race Director – Paul Hammond (the Mad Brit) not only for those who love the challenge of obstacle racing but their canine companions. This 4+ mile event features more than 60+ purpose-built obstacles over varied terrain including forest, sand, and water.
The race is open to challengers and thrill seekers of all ages and experience levels. Scores will be determined using a handicap system based on the age of both the runner and the canine partner. The U.S. Canine Biathlon® is also open to individual entries who wish to complete without a canine partner or those canine teams who wish to take on the course as a group.
To make things more interesting, scoring is based on a handicap system. Subtract 15 seconds for each year of age over 21. For your canine partner, subtract 30 seconds for each year of age over 2.
For the fall event we have individual corrals and team corrals.
- Individuals (with or without dogs but not on a team) will be assigned to a 30-minute window (corral) with 1 runner starting every 30 seconds. (There is no fixed order within the corral.)
- Teams are limited to 20-members. (Have more? Create multiple teams to compete against one another!) All team members must start within the team's assigned 5-minute window. You choose whether to all start at once or to stagger your starts within your 5-minute window.
Event Start Corrals:
- 8:40 AM Course Briefing for all morning participants
- 9:00 - 9:15 AM - All individual (non-team) runners with NO DOG
- 9:15 - 10:00 AM - Elite
- 10:00 - 10:30 AM - Individuals with dogs
- 10:30 - 11:00 AM - Individuals with dogs
- 11:00 - 11:30 AM - TEAMS
- 11:30 - Noon - TEAMS
- Noon - 1:00 PM - TEAMS
- 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM - TEAMS
- 1:30 PM - 2:00 PM - TEAMS
- 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM - Individuals with dogs (limit 60)
- 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM - Individuals with dogs (limit 60)
If the individual and/or team corrals fill we wil open additional corrals later in the day on Saturday. if Saturday fill we may add additional corrals on Sunday.